Posted by nelly on Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 12:15pm.
True or False:
•Every equation of the form
•The radius of the circle
x^2+y^2=9 is 3
•The center of the circle
(X+3)^2+(y-2)^2=13 is (3,-2)
- Pre-Calc - Damon, Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 12:30pm
I do not know what the first one is supposed to be, either a typo or totally false
The second is true
the third has the signs backwards, should be (-3 ,2)
- Pre-Calc - Steve, Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 12:45pm
Looks like the first one is intended to be the equation of a circle.
(x^2 + ax) + (y^2 + by) = 0
Unfortunately, if a or b is not zero, there is no real graph.
If a=b=0, then the graph is just the point (0,0).
If there was a typo, giving a "d" on the right-hand side, then given suitable a,b,c,d there will be a circle that satisfies the equation.
- Pre-Calc - nelly, Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 5:49pm
Oh yes the first one was a typo it was supposed to be X^2+y^2+ax+by+c=0
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Pre-Calc (Circles) - Describe the conditions necessary, where circle A has a ...
- pre calculus - Write the equation of the circle in standard form. Find the ...
- Math - The points (4, –5) and (– 4, 1) are endpoints of a diameter of a circle...
- college pre-calculus - 4x^2+4y^2-16x-24y+51=0 is the equation of a circle. where...
- NEED MAJOR HELP! *QUADRATIC EQUATIONS* - Write the equation for the circle with ...
- pre calc - find the equation of a circle with. Center (0,0), radius 2
- Pre-Calc - Describe the conditions necessary for the two circles, where circle a...
- Advanced Math - Write the standard form of the equation of a circle that passes ...
- pre calc - EAch of 3 circles touch the other 2. Circle A=radius 8cm Circle B=...
- math - Write an equation of a circle with the center (-5,-4) and radius 6. The ...