Posted by Ben on Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 10:51am.
Problems 7–9 are related to the following scenario:
We have a collection of 5 different mass/spring combinations that all have different
properties. All of them have some damping and all have the same mass. The properties are
summarized in the table below:
Name Natural Frequency
Time for oscillation
A 2.0 100 sec.
B 5.0 300 sec.
C 20.0 100 sec.
D — 10 sec. Does not oscillate.
E — 50 sec. Does not oscillate. The
mass and spring are the
same as in D.
7. If all the oscillators were driven by a device with a frequency of 4.6 Hz, which of the
oscillators would respond most strongly?
8. If one of the oscillators is critically damped, which one is it?
9. Which of the oscillators has the weakest damping coefficient?
Please help for 7. I found all the spring constants but do not know how to find the damping coeffiecent with the information give. I know 8,9 are opposites but need help.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - 1. If a mass on a spring and a pendulum have the same period on the ...
- Chemistry - Give three examples each of household items that have: a. different ...
- Chem - Give three examples each of household items that have: a. different ...
- Science-Chemistry - List materials that are commonly found at home or in school ...
- Science - Chemistr++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ - List materials that are ...
- Chemistry - Which of the following statements about isotopes is/are true? a. ...
- nuclear physics question - Isotopes of a given element have many different ...
- Chemistry - The compound butane, has two structures. They have the same ...
- 8th Grade Science (Periodic Table) - 1. What conclusions can be drawn about the ...
- science - Both carbon dioxide and water are pure substances. How are they ...