Posted by Jake on Monday, January 9, 2012 at 11:06pm.
How do you do this question?
I am not sure if this right.
1. solve rational equation
x+3=2x^2 - 2x + x - 1
- Math - Reiny, Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 1:00am
collect all like terms to get a quadratic equation
2x^2 - 3x - 4 = 0
use the formula to solve for x
- Math - Jake, Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 1:11am
So I have to use quadratic formula right? If so, no wonder I don't get the answer
- correction - Math - Reiny, Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 1:22am
I think I added the x terms up incorrectly
should have been
2x^2 - 2x -4 = 0
divide by 2
x^2 - x - 2 = 0
now it factors
x(-2)(x+1) = 0
x = 2 or x = -1
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- ALGEBRA - How do you solve the rational equation: (n/n-2)+(n/n+2)=(n/n^2-4) I ...
- Math-Rational #'s - Just trying to understand this. Please let me know if I did ...
- math3333 - y+2/y =1/y-5 *Please solve the rational equation I am not certain if ...
- Chemistry - I have the question find the balanced equation when Fe(s) is placed ...
- Math - Using the intersection method, I need to solve the following equation: 5x...
- math - Solve the equation. -6p - 21 = 3p - 12 A. 1 B. 3 C. –3 D. –1 im sure its...
- intermidate algebra - solve equation(rational expression) 3/10=5/x 3x=50 x=50/3 ...
- Math(dispute to previous question) - 2)Name the sets of numbers to which 457 ...
- pre-calc Question on a previous question - On the question below, Bob Pursley ...
- Math - If 6 is increased by 4 times a number, the result is 68. A.Write and ...