Posted by Jimmy on Monday, January 9, 2012 at 9:42pm.
1)In "The Love Song of J. Alfred Profrock," what mood is created by a setting in which the central character is concerned with the direction of his life?
a)cheerful and exhilarating
b)introspective and indecisive*
c)honey and reassuring
d)impersonal and chilling
2)Which of the following details most clearly supports the main idea of "Forbidden Fruit?"
a)"I wanted my smile to show that I had nothing to do with his triumph but that I appreciated his trust."
b)"They had often eaten pork before and asked me to have some, but I invariably and firmly refused, which always moved Uncle Shura to mirth for some reason or other."
c)"That was the last straw. Everything might have been different if it hadn"t been for those two blotters."*
d)"Later he realized his childhood dream, but it turned out that he had to exceed speed limits to overtake his temperament and finally had to change his trade."
3)"The Nobel Prixe" is an example of what kind of poetry?
4)What might have been Ferre's main purpose in writing "The Youngest Doll"?
a) to show that girls are treated with respect
b) to support the idea of marriage between the rich and the poor
c) to show the value of making dolls
d) to point out lack of respect*
5) Which element would NOT be considered part of an author's style?
- english - Jimmy, Monday, January 9, 2012 at 9:43pm
My answers are marked with an *.
- english - Jimmy, Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 10:48am
I'd really appreciate if someone could check my answers for me. Thank you.
- english - Anonymous, Wednesday, January 18, 2012 at 11:42am
I believe most of these are correct except for the last one. I'm a bit iffy on it. Wouldn't faces NOT be apart of an authors style? But other than that, it looks good!
- english - Happy Guy :D, Thursday, January 19, 2012 at 2:26pm
you in connections academy? Becuase i am doing the exact same thing.
- english - Deborah, Monday, December 17, 2012 at 7:52pm
Do have the answers to the test?
- english - Micella, Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 5:11pm
i am doing the same connections academy test right now
Answer this Question
- English - 14. Why is “The Divine Comedy” an allegory? Everyone dies in the end. ...
- English - Love-Charm Song (Ojibway) I can make That man bashful I wonder What ...
- English - What literary device that is common to Modernist poetry and this poem ...
- english - Which of the following topics relate directly to a work's authenticity...
- english/writing - does my thesis statement make sense? is it clear? any ...
- English - Discuss how T.S. Eliot's "Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" displays ...
- english - I read the story from behind the veil, but did not really understand ...
- English - I have to write a 5 paragraph comparison and contrast essay on ...
- Literature - From my book: "Setting provides much more than just the backdrop ...
- english - What is true love - i writing another essay but this be about love and...