Posted by Jahnay on Monday, January 9, 2012 at 5:51pm.
Am i on the right track?
radical of 3 times radical of three= radical of 9?
radical of 2x times radical of 2x= radical of 4x^2?
radical of 14 times radical of 2= radical of 28?
- Algebra 1 - Damon, Monday, January 9, 2012 at 6:05pm
- Algebra 1 - Reiny, Monday, January 9, 2012 at 6:05pm
1st: but what is √9 ?
2nd: √(2x) √(2x) = √(4x^2) = 2x
generally: √a√a = a
3rd: √14 √2
- Algebra 1 - Jahnay, Monday, January 9, 2012 at 6:08pm
oh ok so i have to simplify everything for it to be correct right?
- Algebra 1 - Jahnay, Monday, January 9, 2012 at 6:09pm
except i don't understand your second point. I'm lost right there.
- Algebra 1 - Reiny, Monday, January 9, 2012 at 6:14pm
yes, you were not finished
for my 2nd:
The square root of a number times itself gives you the number itself
(√5)(√5) = √25 = 5
√23(√23) = √529 = 23
√a(√a) = a
- Algebra 1 - Henry, Monday, January 9, 2012 at 6:20pm
- Algebra 1 - Jahnay, Monday, January 9, 2012 at 6:20pm
oh ok i get it now i think i understand. so what if there is a little number inside the little v shape it makes
- Algebra 1 - Jahnay, Monday, January 9, 2012 at 6:22pm
i cant make the radical sign. i don't know how
- Algebra 1 - Reiny, Monday, January 9, 2012 at 6:24pm
The √ symbol means square root
If you see a little 3 inside the √ , like ∛ , then it means cube root
if you see a little 4 inside the √ , like ∜ , then it means fourth root
- Algebra 1 - Reiny, Monday, January 9, 2012 at 6:26pm
I am making these symbols on a Mac
I don't know how to make them on my PC, that is why most of my answers on this website are done on my Mac.
- Algebra 1 - Jahnay, Monday, January 9, 2012 at 6:26pm
ok thank you
- Algebra 1 - Steve, Tuesday, January 10, 2012 at 12:06am
What I have done on my PC is copy and paste useful characters I have seen in other posts. I keep them in a file for later use.
I tried inserting some cool symbols I found elsewhere on the web, and a student complained they came out as little boxes. That's due to a font incompatibility. Nowadays I stick to symbols I see in Jiskha posts.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math,correction - Simplify by combining like terms. Problem #32 radical (63) - 2...
- math , help,algebra - i am up to this point in my problem but i don't know what ...
- math,correction - Can somoene helpme plz... Simplify radical 7 * radical 14 ...
- Algebra - I'm adding 2(radical 50) + 12 (radical 8). I began by breaking the ...
- math - in the question 6radical x +3 radical y -2radical y +3 radical x -radical...
- Math - Symplify (radical x/8) is the answer x (radical 2)/4 i put it to be (x/2...
- math - the expression 6 times radical 20 divided by 3 times radical 5 is ...
- algebra - 3 radical x - 4 radical y divided by 3 radical x - 2 radical y = ( i ...
- math,correction plz - can someone correct my math...thanks... Perform the ...
- trigonometry - Simplify and write in standard form. 1.) (radical 3 + i radical ...