Posted by sarah on Monday, January 9, 2012 at 5:12pm.
Plato rejected democracy because of the executionof socrates. Why did Plato's student, Aristotle, reject democracy ?
A. He felt reason should be left to politicans, not the people
B. He thought it would lead to mob rule
C. He distrusted a single strong all-prowerful leader
D. He was suspicious of the "golden mean"
I got B.
How did geography make italy easier to unite than greece?
A. Italy was not broken up into small, isolated valleys.
B. Italy was broken up into small isolated valleys.
C. The mountains of italy were more rugged.
D. The mountains of italy could support a growing population.
I got A.
World History - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 9, 2012 at 5:22pm
I agree with both of your answers.
World History - bobpursley, Monday, January 9, 2012 at 5:29pm
I disagree with the premise in the first question. This is a great example of one person mistranslates, and other follow suit, and a famous writer then supposes the mistranslations are accurate, and makes a premise on government and the rights of man.
Your answer is the "conventional" response. But Aristotle really said (in his language, not that of the translator) that democracy was the best of the worst, or the least bad.
If I am given a choice of squid, snails, or eels in my salad, I probably would choose....squid. It is the least of the bad. I could also say I don't like it.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- world history - Plato rejected democracy because of the execution of Socrates. ...
- World History - Can you check my answer: Question: What were the key events that...
- World History Answer Check - 1. Explain how the Code of Hammurabi influences ...
- English - (2) Revise the following groups of sentences. Combine each group of ...
- Classics - I am doing an essay on Aristophanes Clouds and The Trial and Death of...
- Philosophy - can someone explain what this teacher wants me to do, do I put and ...
- English - •Socrates was a prominent influence in Plato's education. Socrates ...
- History - Plato and Aristotle both argued that political life should reflect ...
- World History Answer Check - 1. How did the governments favored by Plato and ...
- greek philosophy and history - Who among the Greek philosophers would be the ...