Posted by Shreya on Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 9:34pm.
i factor out a negative one from (5-y) to make it same like (y-5)
i cancel off y-5's. and i get
but the real answer have to be 3+y/1-3y what i doing wrong?
math-calculus - Reiny, Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 10:23pm
Did you know that -3/4 = 3/-4 = -(3/4)
they are all the same
so look at your answer, which is correct
Sometimes it happens that you have an answer that looks different from the one in your text, but you may still be correct.
I would have marked your answer as correct to get full marks.
math-calculus - Shreya, Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 10:52pm
oh wow i had not know that thanks so much Reiny for telling and explaining to me :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- bobpursley,math - about this problem , I figured it out and i did get the answer...
- Simplifying Rational Expressions - 1.4x12 / 4x 2.d+7 / d^2-49 3.t^2-25 / t^2+t-...
- Algebra - I'm having trouble working out these problems. Could someone please ...
- very basic algebra - I was told long ago way back when that when you have ...
- Algebra - Solve Q= (N-S)/ N for N So when I multiply both sides by N I get Q(N...
- math - How do I figure out 6c=__?__pt showing work See my other response. =) ...
- Algebra - (3x^2+2)/(x^2-4)-(9x-x^2)/(x^2-4) Your problem: (3x^2+2)/(x^2-4)-(9x-x...
- chemistry polarity - would one consider the molecule NBr3O to be nonpolar or ...
- algebra - When the like terms are the same number but opposite (positive and ...
- math help urgent - what di di do wrong in this??? the question is: x-8y=18 -16x+...