Posted by aLEXANDRIA on Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 3:14pm.
given: segment SV is parallel to segment TU and
triangle SVX is congruent to triangle UTX
[the figure has a V on the top left corner, U on the top
right corner, X in the middle of four triangles inside
and S on the bottom left and T on the bottom right]
prove VUTS is a parallelogram
Thank You, I appreciate it! :) =) ^_^
- Parallelogram Question Writing a Proof - Damon, Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 4:25pm
SV parallel to UT
for convenience call angle SVX=UTX = A
but then VXT is a straight line (opposite interior equal angles A cutting parallel lines SV and UT)
similarly line SXU is a straight line.
then we know angle SXV = TXU = C
then C + angle VXU = C + angle SXT = 180
angle VXU = angle SXT and those triangles are congruent (SAS)
That means for example angle UVX =STX
and therefore angle SVU = STU
therefore parallelogram (opposite angles equal)
- Parallelogram Question Writing a Proof - aLEXANDRIA, Sunday, January 8, 2012 at 6:52pm
Thank you for not only answering my question but helping me understand! Thank you I greatly appreciate your help! :)
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- PARALLELOGRAM WRITING A PROOF - given: segment SV is parallel to segment TU and ...
- Math - Given: Triangle SVX is congruent to triangle UTX and Line SV is parallel...
- Math - Given: Triangle SVX is congruent to triangle UTX and Line SV is parallel ...
- Math (check answers) - Hi there, I need help solving a proof. I put all my ...
- Math PLEASE! - Hi there, I need help solving a proof. I put all my answers in ...
- geometry - I need to figure out this proof, the figure is two triangles forming ...
- Writing a 2 column proof.. - I have no idea where to start! and I've got lots of...
- geometry - given: segment AB is paralell to segment DC; segment AB is congruent ...
- geometry - given: segment HI congruent to segment GJ, segment HI parallel to ...
- Geometry - Given: A(3,-1), B(5,2), C(-2,0), P(-3,4), Q(-5,-3), R(-6,2). Prove: ...