Posted by Alex on Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 5:18pm.
When you're scribbling a note with a pencil, do you ever wonder what this handy tool is made from? To get right to the point, a pencil is made of a number of materials. The inside is made of graphite that is reinforced with clay. Its wooden outside comes from cedar trees. The yellow paint on the wood is made from minerals, while the metal band at one end is aluminum. Should you make a mistake while writing,use the eraser. Its main materials are soybean oil and latex.
I have to find 6 details from the passage that tells about the topic.
1. Made of graphite with clay
2. The yellow paint on wood is made from materials
3. Metal band is aluminum
4. Main materials are soybean oil and latex
5. Made of a number of materials
6. Wooden part comes from cedar trees
- Reading - Alex, Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 5:19pm
Is this correct?
- Reading - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 5:21pm
You need more details for 2 and 5.
- Reading - Alex, Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 5:34pm
I meant to put on number 2 minerals not materials.
Would that still be wrong?
- Reading - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 5:35pm
Minerals is correct for # 2.
- Reading - Alex, Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 5:36pm
I cant find any other details to replace number 5.
- Reading - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 5:42pm
You could say
A pencil is made of a number of materials.
Also -- you need to tell what part of the pencil is made of soy bean oil and latex (# 4).
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- science - what is the number of cycles an oscillator completes in one second is ...
- To:BobPursley - Earlier you told me "hold a pencil up. A real pencil. I bet you ...
- science - Put a pencil straight down into a glass of water. Notice whether the ...
- Maths - A ruler is 10 cents more than a pencil. If 2 rulers and 5 pencil costs 3...
- physics pencil torqu - A pencil, 15.7 cm long, is released from a vertical ...
- Physical - The pencil line is made out of carbon atoms. Assuming that the ...
- child care - Three-year-old Amy is trying to make letters with a large pencil. ...
- English - 1. I couldn't swim at all when I was young. 2. I couldn't swim at all ...
- English - 1. Take out a pencil out of the pencil case. 2. Take out a pencil from...
- science - Napolweon pencil has a mass of 3 grams (0.27Napoleon ) when he lifts ...