Posted by Confused on Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 4:22am.
how can you break apart arrays when you multiply by 3?
- Math - drwls, Thursday, January 5, 2012 at 4:25am
I am confused by what you mean by "break apart" and "array".
If your array is a matrix, multiplying by 3 means multiplying every number in the array by 3. That will not break it apart.
- Math - nobody, Tuesday, January 1, 2013 at 2:54pm
Break apart means to break a product to make it easier example : 4 x 24 the 24 will become 20 + 4.
4 x 24 think as (4 x 20) + (4 x 4)
4 x 20= 80 and 4 x 4 = 16
so 80 + 16=96 and thats the answer.
An array is a bundle,collection
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - explain how you can break apart arrays when you multiply by 3
- 3rd grade Math - Actual question on homework."EXPLAIN HOW YOU CAN BREAK APART ...
- Math - how do you break apart arrays?
- math - how would you use break apart strategy to make 2 arrays
- math - Explain how you can break apart 3x9 to help you multiply.
- math - Explain how you can break apart 3times 9 to help you multiply.
- math - There are different ways you can break apart arrays to find 6x7. Choose a...
- Math - Using the break apart method what is the best way to multiply 8x7
- multiplication and arrays - strategy practice explain hoe you can multiply 3x24 ...
- 5th grade - how do you break apart to divide: 648 by 6 using compatible numbers ...