Posted by LISA on Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 7:12pm.
the sum of the squares pf two postive consecutive even integers is 41. Find the integers.
- MATH PLEASE HELP - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 7:16pm
3 and 4
4 and 5
5 and 6
- MATH PLEASE HELP - LISA, Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 7:19pm
its 4 and 5
- MATH PLEASE HELP - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 7:27pm
- MATH PLEASE HELP - Reiny, Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 8:17pm
the number are even
so let the first be x
then the second is x+2
x^2 + (x+2)^2 = 41
x^2 + x^2 + 4x + 4 = 41
2x^2 + 4x - 37 = 0
No integer solution
We could tell from the beginning that this problem has no solution
the square of any even integer is even
the sum of two even number is even, but 41 is odd, so NO WAY!
- MATH PLEASE HELP -- Oopa~ - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 8:38pm
I misread the problem.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math, algebra - 2a+2ab+2b I need a lot of help in this one. it says find two ...
- math - The sum of two squares of TWO consecutive even integers is 340. Find the ...
- Math - When you solve questions like "The sum of 3 consecutive integers is 147. ...
- Algebra - The sum of the squares of two consecutive positive even integers is ...
- Math - The sum of four consecutive even integers is the same as the least of the...
- pre-calc - the sum of the two squares of two consecutive even integers is 1,648...
- math - i don't get this question consecutive integers are integers that differ ...
- math - The difference of the cubes of two consecutive odd positive integers is ...
- Math - Two consecutive integers are squared. The sum of these squares of these ...
- math - The sum of the reciprocals of two consecutive even integers is 11/60. ...