Posted by sree on Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 12:39pm.
the surface area of the three faces having the same border of a cuboid are 4,10,40 sq.cm respectively. find the volume of the cuboid?
- on areas - Reiny, Wednesday, January 4, 2012 at 1:36pm
let the dimensions of the cube be x, y , and z
xy = 4, (#1)
xz=10 and (#2)
#1 ÷ #2 :
z/y = 5/2
y = 2z/5
In #3: yz=40 ---> (2/5)z^2 = 40
z^2 = 100
z = 10
then y = (2/5)(10)
y = 4
4x = 4
x = 1
volume = xyz = 1 x 4 x 10 = 40
xy = 1x4 = 4
xz = 1x10 = 10
yz = 4x40 = 40
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths-urgently needed - The areas of the the three adjacent faces of a cuboid ...
- Mathematics - a cuboid with length 13cm width 4cm and height h State in terms ...
- maths-urgently needed - A cube or a cuboid had the volume the measurement of the...
- maths - calculate the surface area of the following prism cuboid; 2cm 6cm 4cm ...
- maths - calculate the surface area of the following prism cuboid; scm 6cm 4cm ...
- Math - The shaded face of the cuboid is a square and has an area of 64 cm2. ...
- Math - The shaded face of the cuboid is a square and has an area of 64 cm2. What...
- math - A cuboid has a square base of side 18cm.The height of the cuboid is 10....
- maths - When two cube of side 12 cm are joined end to end to form a cuboid then ...
- maths - The area of 3 adjacent faces of cuboid are x,y and z . If the volume is ...