Posted by English on Tuesday, January 3, 2012 at 12:53pm.
How do you turn this fallacy into a valid agrument:seeing that all teenagers are irrational and make poor decisions parents should make their decisions.
- Argument - Writeacher, Tuesday, January 3, 2012 at 1:00pm
It's obviously a vast generalization!
Be sure to read through the other fallacies explained here and concentrate on the Tip section under the one(s) that seems/seem appropriate. There are many ideas in those tips to help you correct different fallacies.
I would ask you these questions about this statement:
1. What proof is there that "all teenagers" ... ?
2. What proof is there that all parents make good decisions and should therefore make decisions for their teenagers?
What questions would you ask, after reading the Tip section under "Hasty generalization"?
- Argument - Writeacher, Tuesday, January 3, 2012 at 1:03pm
Also, in writing any argument, be sure to bookmark this website:
Make extensive use of the first four tabs across the top plus the Argumentative Essays tab.
- Argument - English, Tuesday, January 3, 2012 at 1:56pm
Thank you you provided so great websites I am still a little unsure of what steps would best help me make this a valid agrument. Thank you for help any more assistance is greatly appreciated.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Economics - Why do public goods demonstrate the limitations of a free market ...
- Economics - Ok this is the last one Why do public goods demonstrate the ...
- Social Studies Urgent - under a socialist government, who make the decisions? ...
- AED 201 - Interview with a Teaching Professional •What are some examples of ...
- english - when should parents let teens make their own decisions?
- englsih - when should parents let their teens make their own decisions?
- health - How do factors in the biopsychosocial model operate when you make a ...
- Criminal Jstice - Ethics - The ethical life requires that we make good decisions...
- English II - Read the passage and answer the question that follows: Despite our ...
- AED - What are some examples of typical, quick decisions teachers make on a ...