Posted by Jennifer on Sunday, January 1, 2012 at 9:17pm.
Determine the domain, range, and vertical asymptote.Graph f(x)=-6-Inx
- College Algebra... HELP - Reiny, Sunday, January 1, 2012 at 9:37pm
start with the parent graph of
y = ln x, which you should know how to sketch
Now graph y = -lnx, which would be a reflection in the x-axis
now drop that graph 6 units down to get
y = -lnx - 6
You should be able to answer your questions from that sketch.
- College Algebra... HELP - Jennifer, Sunday, January 1, 2012 at 10:09pm
First I have to figure out the domain,rande and vertical asymptotes
- College Algebra... HELP - Reiny, Sunday, January 1, 2012 at 11:13pm
we can take logs of only positive numbers, so
- domain: x>0
- range: y is any real number
- no asymptotes
- College Algebra... HELP - Jennifer, Sunday, January 1, 2012 at 11:15pm
Thx! could u help me with graphing this
- College Algebra... HELP - Reiny, Monday, January 2, 2012 at 12:23am
I described it for you in my reply above
The other option is to calculate about 8-10 ordered pairs and determine the sketch
e.g. (1, -6), (2, -6.7), (5, -7.6) , (.5, -5.3), (.01, -10.6) etc.
Answer this Question
- PreCalculus - State the Vertical Asymptote, Horizontal Asymptote, domain, range...
- Algebra - Suppose that f(x)= (5x) _________ (x^2)−x−6 a. Determine ...
- calculus - graph this function and determine the domain,range and vertical ...
- COLLEGE ALG - use the transformations to identify the graph of the function. ...
- Functions, domain,range etc - Determine the domain,range and horizontal ...
- college alg - use the transformations to identify the graph of the function. ...
- Math - Graphing Logarithms function - Graph the function below. Determine the ...
- math - find the domain, range, y and x-intercept, vertical asymptote, maximum, ...
- Algebra-I'm still stuck - The one-to-one function f is defined by f(x)=(4x-1)/(x...
- pre cal - f(x) = two divided by quantity x squared minus two x minus three Graph...