Posted by Jane on Friday, December 30, 2011 at 3:45pm.
Explain how to solve:
Sam is ordering pizza. Tony's Pizza charges $7 for a large cheese pizza plus $.75 for each additional topping. Maria's Pizza charges $8 for a large cheese pizza plus $.50 for each additional topping. For what number of toppings will the cost of a large pizza be the same at either restaurant?
math - Steve, Friday, December 30, 2011 at 4:24pm
Tony charges 7 + .75t for a pizza with t extra toppings.
Maria charges 8 + .5t for the same pizza.
so, we want to know, when does
7 + .75t = 8 + .5t
.25t = 1
t = 4
So, a pizza with 4 extra toppings costs
7.00 + 4*.75 = 10.00 at Tony's, and
8.00 + 4*.50 = 10.00 at Maria's.
So, for extra credit, who charges less for a pizza with 3 extra toppings? How about 5 extra toppings?
math - algebra 1, Friday, October 23, 2015 at 12:37pm
math - jaunita, Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 10:20pm
4 duh lol i like wafflez
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - Here is the problem: Christopher orders a three topping pizza for $15.25...
- Math - Papa’s Pizzeria charges $12.00 for a medium cheese pizza and $1.25 for ...
- Algebra - The cost of a large pizza is $7.99 plus an additional $0.99 for each ...
- Algebra - A LARGE PIZZA COSTS $8.95,PLUS 0.65 FOR EACH ADDITIONAL TOPPING.REMI ...
- Geometry - a pizza restaurant charges $10.00 for a large one topping pizza in ...
- Algebra - a cheese pizza cost $8.75 each additional cost topping costs $1.25. if...
- Algebra 1 - Christopher orders a 3 topping pizza for $15.25 and a 5 topping ...
- math - Ricky's Pizza Parlor has three different sizes of pizza: a large (15 in. ...
- math - Sandra makes a pizza she puts mushrooms on 2/8 of the pizza she adds ...
- Math - Sandra makes a pizza .she puts mushrooms on 2/6 of the pizza .she adds ...