Posted by CHRIS on Friday, December 30, 2011 at 10:41am.
For which value of x will the fraction 7/2x-6 be undefined?
HOW TO DO THIS ?
MATH - Reiny, Friday, December 30, 2011 at 10:44am
A fraction is undefined if its denominator is zero, so set
2x-6 = 0
x = 3
So x = 3 makes the fraction undefined.
MATH - Todd, Friday, December 30, 2011 at 10:46am
Any fraction is undefined when the denominator is equal to zero.
In this problem the denominator is 2x-6.
In order to find what value of x is needed to make the denominator zero, set it equal to x and solve.
Therefore, this fraction is undefined (or has a denominator of zero) when x is equal to 3.
MATH - LISa, Friday, December 30, 2011 at 10:47am
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATH - for which value of X will the fraction 7/2x-6 be undefined ? and check ...
- trig - Find the exact value of cot 45°, if the expression is undefined write ...
- math - write a definition for an equivalent fraction. A. a fraction of ...
- undefined? - f(x) = x^3 - 2x, x<=2 x + 2, x>2 Why do they say f'(2) is ...
- math - Am I correct to say that 5/0 = 5 or is it undefined no your ar incorrect ...
- Math - The denominator of a fraction exceeds twice the numerator of the fraction...
- Algebra - The cost, in millions, to remove x% of pollution in a pond is modeled ...
- Check Math Answers - What are the values of the trigometric functions; The ...
- Algebra - If 3 is subtracted from the numerator of a fraction, the value of the ...
- MATH - Consider the expression logbase5 a=n a) For what value(s) of a will n be ...