Posted by Mohammad on Thursday, December 29, 2011 at 5:08pm.
i usually go to dictionary. c o m for words but isnt com USA? there is no dictionary . ca so that mean that pronounciation on dictionary site isnt canadain? i looking for canadian pronounciation.
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 29, 2011 at 5:12pm
I don't think there is such a dictionary online. Accents vary from place to place in both Canada and the U.S. Use the pronunciations in any standard dictionary.
english - Mohammad, Thursday, December 29, 2011 at 5:16pm
ok thank you ms. sue :) can I know if there is a pronounciation canadian voice thing online? like you type in a word and they say it in that canadian accent.
English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 29, 2011 at 5:25pm
I didn't find any site like that. I suggest you ask a friend whose native language is English to pronounce some words for you.
english - Mohammad, Thursday, December 29, 2011 at 5:27pm
ok thank you ms. sue :)
english - Writeacher, Thursday, December 29, 2011 at 5:32pm
The only one I can suggest is the Oxford English Dictionary -- www.oed.com
You may have to create an account, and I don't know if it's free or not, but it's worth checking out.
english - Writeacher, Thursday, December 29, 2011 at 5:39pm
Other places to check on are the library websites of various Canadian universities. Here's one:
english - Mohammad, Thursday, December 29, 2011 at 6:08pm
thank you Writeacher for help i will try all those sites out :)
english - Writeacher, Thursday, December 29, 2011 at 7:16pm
Here's another idea to try.
1. Go to http://www.onelook.com
2. Enter the word.
3. The results will show up in different dictionaries -- look at the list at the left. You'll see this:
Compact Oxford English Dictionary
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- critical thinking - Which of the following is a false statement about a basic ...
- Grammar and Composition - please check my answers: Write true if the statement ...
- pH - 9. The pH of food entering the duodenum is changed from acidic to alkaline ...
- english - write each pronoun and identify its antecedent if it has one. what is ...
- social studies - What does methodology mean. http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/...
- English - 1. it is by far the best dictionary. 2. It is far and away the best ...
- english - I am having trouble with two words. Match the words to their ...
- Vocabulary - What is an enigma? I think something that's an enigma is very ...
- writing skills - You think using a dictionary is hard, ...
- ENGLISH - I am trying to see if I should use raised or reared when speaking of a...