Posted by denise on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 at 9:59pm.
i have 3 questions that i am stuck on and i really need to see if this site can help me with this ones.this my first time on here.
1.a young asian child would probably be less inclined to engage in backchanneling than a middle-class american child does because
a.he or she incorporates both verbal and nonverbal responses
b.middle-class children are taught and expected not to engage in backchanneling
c.non-mainstream groups are less likely to encourge child-to-adults feedback
d.backchanneling is apassive socail device that benefits the listerner more than the speaker
2.a native american child spent 30 minutes watching classmates make play dough figures but never once touched his own play dough. his teacher correctly interpreted this delayed response as coming from a:
a.sense of low -self esteem
b.lack of understanding of task's requirements
c.need for affiliative support
d.need to perform the task perfectly
3.children in african-american and similar nonmainstream groups generally exhibit a play style oriented toward
b.feeling and peoples
c.object mainpulation and exploration
d.creative and symbolic play
- cultural diversity - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, December 28, 2011 at 10:16pm
Good grief! What a mass of stereotypes! Obviously there are no answers to your questions.
1. Young Asian child? From which country? Israel, Russia, Iraq, India, Japan, Sri Lanka, Laos, Kazakhstan, Saudi Arabia, Vietnam, China, Japan, Syria?????
2. Do all or even most native Americans react the same? More stereotyping!!
3. Aren't African-Americans in the main-stream? Their ancestors have been in the U.S. longer than those of many other Americans.
Drop this class!!!
- cultural diversity - Writeacher, Thursday, December 29, 2011 at 7:08am
I agree with Ms. Sue. What a hideous set of questions, probably matched by everything else going on in this class.
Yes ... you should drop the class and demand your money back for this awful, AWFUL content.
- cultural diversity - denise, Monday, January 9, 2012 at 10:02pm
WHY ARE YALL SO DAMN MEAN TO PEOPLES!!!!! STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE TO PEOPLES THAT TRYING TO GET HELP FROM YOU!!!!!!
- cultural diversity - Renea, Wednesday, August 15, 2012 at 11:36am
This is a course that is needed to get my associates in Early Childhood Education. You can't drop the course or you won't graduate. Wow. I am stunned by the reactions on this course. I am sorry to have read this.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Cultural Diversity - A cultural mismatch may result from labeling a child as ...
- CULTURAL DIVERSITY - If someone made the below statements to you, how would you ...
- "Miss Sue" Cultural Diversity - May I suggest reading "Working with Children ...
- Business - What is cultural diversity? Why do managers need cultural diversity...
- cultural diversity - I need to make a prediction as to the future of cultural ...
- social - How did diversity both provide benefits and crate problems for mongol ...
- cultural diversity - Complete the matrix in appendix E using information from ...
- eth 125 - Asian Americans According to the U.S. Census Bureau Part I Organize ...
- cultural diversity - what do statistics reveal about Asian diversity in America?
- cultural diversity - what will the future be for Asian Americans diversity in ...