Posted by Lily on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 at 8:36pm.
The perimeter of triangle ABC is 29 meters. Line segment AD bisects angle A. Find AB and AC. CD=5cm, DB=4 cm.(triangle angle bisector theorem)
- Geometry - Damon, Wednesday, December 28, 2011 at 9:24pm
AB/AC = 4/5 so AB = 4 AC/5
AB + AC + 9 = 29
AB + AC = 20
4 AC/5 + AC = 20
4 AC + 5 AC = 100
9 AC = 100
- Geometry - Anonymous, Sunday, January 22, 2012 at 4:36pm
- Geometry - hey, Tuesday, January 14, 2014 at 8:26am
You forgot to change 29m to 2900cm.
- Geometry - Anonymous, Friday, February 20, 2015 at 12:34am
*The problem should say 29 cm.
AB/AC=4/5, so 4AC=5AB, which is also 4/5(AC)=AB.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- geometry - I need to figure out this proof, the figure is two triangles forming ...
- PLEASE HELP!!!!! (Right Triangle Question) - Point N is on hypotenuse BC of ...
- GeOmEtRy!!! - In triangle ABC,segment BF is the angle bisector of angle ABC, ...
- geometry - TWO COLUMN TRIANGLE PROOF Given: line AB is parallel to line DE, and ...
- Geometry - 5. What theorem do Exercises 1-4 prove? (1 point) Triangle Inequality...
- Geometry-8th gr - The perimeter of triangle ABC is 120. LIne segment BD bisects...
- geometry - I have triangle XYZ with BX as the bisector sides XY and XZ are ...
- Geometry - One side of a triangle is x inches longer than another side. The ray...
- Geometry - Can I get help starting this exercise:- Let triangle ABC be such that...
- Geometry - Given: segment BD bisects angle ABC; AB=BC. Prove: triangle ABD ...