Posted by Lindsay on Saturday, December 24, 2011 at 7:18pm.
In order to change the angular momentum of an object, it is necessary to apply
a. a net force to the object.
b. a net torque to the object.
c. a centripetal acceleration to the object.
d. both a net force and a net torque to the object.
We have three vectors, labeled A, B, and C. A points due west, B points due north, and C points due east. We don’t know their relative magnitudes. We find the cross product of each of these vectors with a vector which points due south (D). Rank the three cross products ( ) from smallest to largest in terms of their vertical component, taking the sign of the component into account.
g. You cannot tell with the given information
- physics - Damon, Saturday, December 24, 2011 at 7:19pm
To change angular momentum requires a moment(torque)
- physics - Damon, Saturday, December 24, 2011 at 7:32pm
LOL, yes you can tell
first B X D
the angle between B and D is 180, and the sine of 180 is zero
therefore B X D = 0
that was easy
Now A X D
rotation from A to D is + 90 degrees, so A X D is UP, positive
But C X D
rotation from C to D is negative 90 degrees, cross product down
C X D is DOWN, negative
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Physics - There is a net net torque that is applied to a rigid object. What ...
- Physics - Am I correct? Which statement explains why a bicycle is stable when a ...
- physics - the object is traveling in a circle,which one of the statements are ...
- physics - true or false If a net force acts on an object, the object's speed ...
- physics- MC QUESTIONS - Q 1: which of the following conditions occur when an ...
- Physics - Under what condition can a force act on an object and yet do no work ...
- IPC SCIENCE - You see an object accelerate towards the left. Which of the ...
- physics PLEASE HELP - 1.state the mathematical relationship between the net ...
- physics - At the instant the displacement of a 2.00 kg object relative to the ...
- Physics - Multiple Choice. If all of the forces acting on an object an object ...