Posted by Anonymous on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 4:52pm.
Can someone please tell me what, if any, figure of speech is used here?
"Anyone who calls a spade a spade should be compelled to use one."
None of these
English - Writeacher, Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 5:02pm
I don't see any of these figures of speech here.
English - Anonymous, Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 5:05pm
Neither do I. I was confused because someone said it was an analogy, but it doesn't seem to have one. I just wanted to make sure, so thank you!
English - Anonymous, Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 5:08pm
The answer was none of these. Thanks again!
English - Writeacher, Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 5:15pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- AP Literature - Identify the figure of speech in this sentence: "Anyone who ...
- English - I have to answer these questions but i am confused...please help :) As...
- English Lit - I'm not great at identifying some of these figures of speech for ...
- English Lit-Please offer opinion - I asked this question yesterday but I thought...
- English - 1.What figure of speech is this? I think it is personification "Death ...
- English - Here the once embattled farmers stood and fired the shot heard round ...
- british Lit-URGENT - The speaker in Ted Hughes's poem "Hawk Roosting" is the ...
- English - But time did beckon to the flowers. Herbert metaphor simile ...
- Gifted+Talented English-(Figurative Speech Poetry) - Our assignment is to write ...
- English - Question 20 Here the once embattled farmers stood and fired the shot ...