Posted by patiance on Monday, December 19, 2011 at 7:15pm.
I am confused on the meaning of assimilation and acculturation. Is assimilation the process that attitudes and behaviors from one cultral are modified as a result of contact with a different cultrual and so acculturation mean the same?
human services - Writeacher, Monday, December 19, 2011 at 7:20pm
They seem pretty much the same ... not identical, but similar:
human services - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 19, 2011 at 7:21pm
Here's an excellent explanation of these two words.
human services - patiance, Monday, December 19, 2011 at 8:15pm
Thank you, that helped alot.
human services - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 19, 2011 at 8:21pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Cultural Diversity - Would someone please check these two questins and my ...
- History- American Indians - I've been trying to do this homework problem for ...
- Diversity - Would someone please check my answers to make sure I've chose the ...
- psy - Ms. Sue, could you please help me find two peer reviewed articles that ...
- Cultral Diversity - I am doing a project for my cultral diversity class and I am...
- culteral Diversity - In Milton Gorton's theory of assimilation, the crucial step...
- Wolrd Geography - Imagine this situation: Country A invades and conquers Country...
- Psychology - Could someone see if I got any of the questions wrong. I feel that ...
- cultural diversity - what is acculturation
- 10th grade english - Stories can mean different things to different readers. ...