Posted by sara on Sunday, December 18, 2011 at 6:25pm.
Michel wants to buy his mother handmade chocolates for Mothers Day. He has $15.oo to spend. The price of each chocolate is given below.
Fudge $0.60 NutClusters $0.75 Truffles $0.80
a)create and solve an equation for each type of chocolate to determine how many Michel can buy with $15.00, if he buys one type.
B) Michel decides to buy all 3 types, instead of choosing just one.
a)If Michel buys the same number of all three types, how many can he buy and stay within his budget?
b)Exactly how much will Michel spend?
c)Write an algebraic expression that represents the total amount Michel will spend. Then substitute the variable ad evaluate your expression. How does this amount compare with your amount in part(b)?
- math - Steve, Sunday, December 18, 2011 at 8:39pm
.6f = 15
f = 25
.75n = 15
n = 20
.8t = 15
t = 18.75, or just 18 whole truffles
If he buys n of each,
(.6 + .75 + .8)n <= 15
2.15n <= 15
n <= 6.97
so, he can only buy 6 of each
buying 6, he will spend 6*2.15 = 12.90
- math - sara, Monday, December 19, 2011 at 5:13pm
Thank you : )
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - Michel wants to buy his mother handmade chocolates for Mothers Day. He ...
- Mothers Day!HELP! - Help! Im a16 year old teenage girl with no job..I need to ...
- math - nisha is putting 64 cookies and 40 truffles into gift boxes. Each box ...
- 6 grade math - Parents donated fudge for the Christmas fund raiser for your ...
- Math - Parents donated fudge for the Christmas fund raiser for your classroom.40...
- maths - parents donated fudge for the fund raiser for your classroom. 40 pounds ...
- math - Phillip made fudge that filled a 20-cm by 21-cm by 3-cm pan. a)what is ...
- Math - Ratios - In a box of chocolates 3/4 of the peanut-butter filled ...
- managerial economics - Robert E. Lee Grade School is contemplating a chocolate ...
- math - a teacher has 25 kids in her class. she has a bowl containing 25 ...