Posted by Mohammad on Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 6:47pm.
what was the war measures act?
this definition i got but i dont quite know what it mean.
Act of the canadian parliament that gave the federal cabinet emergency powers. does that mean that people get arrested without a reason?
and i not think that the federal government was justified in its use of war measures act because it also arresting innocent people that done nothing. there no difference between that and the terrorism of FlQ. i right?
- socials - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 6:52pm
You're right about the meaning of the War Measures Act.
I agree with your opinion about this act. But I think the difference between this act and terrorism is that the act doesn't allow the government to kill people. Terrorism kills people.
- socials - Mohammad, Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 6:55pm
ok thanks ms. sue is that all the war measures act do just put all people behind bars?
- socials - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 7:05pm
- socials - Mohammad, Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 7:12pm
thanks so only people from a race that do bad things they put all people behind bars?
- socials - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 7:18pm
I don't know that this act was aimed at any particular race. However, under this act, the government didn't have to follow all of the laws. It didn't need good evidence -- just rumors -- that a person might commit treason. If they suspected a person of fighting against the government, that person could be put in jail, even though he was innocent.
- socials - Mohammad, Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 7:22pm
okay that make sense. thank you very much ms. sue :)
- socials - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 15, 2011 at 7:36pm
You're very welcome, Mohammad.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- business - what is a recent canadian safety regulation act that got violated ie...
- US. History - Create a political pamphlet from a colonists point of view ...
- Socials plese help - I need help with socials homework. Have written parapgraphs...
- socials - what was the war measures act? who was sam hughes? thanks
- us history - 1. The early social legislation of the first part of the 1900's was...
- statistics - Test scores on the ACT exam are normally distributed with a mean of...
- Economics - 4. False advertising and the misrepresentation of products were made...
- history - the aim that Congress had in passing the War Powers Act was to a. give...
- government - which act first established a federal commission to investigate ...
- English - (2) to ensure that the federal government plays a central role in ...