Posted by jon on Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 9:41pm.
I think it's A or C, but I need to know because it's due in an hour. Please help thank you, it's my last question on the homework.
A flower is red, has a long tube formed by fusion of petals, has nectar at the bottom of the tube, has no landing platform, and opens during the day. It has probably become adapted to mate with the assistance of
- science-VERY URGENT - Justin, Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 9:44pm
Hummingbirds. They have a huge beak thing to poke down the long tube. And they love red.
Mice come out at night
Bees have to land
- science-VERY URGENT - jon, Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 9:46pm
So is it Hummingbirds? my friend said B but got it wrong.
- science-VERY URGENT - bobpursley, Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 9:50pm
Long tube? Depends on how long. very long, probably a moth. shorter long, hummingbird.
- science-VERY URGENT - jon, Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 9:55pm
k thank you I actually only have 1 more sorry, Which of the following is an example of reproductive isolation? I'm almost certain that it's C, if not B. Thank you so much i promise this is my last 1.
A) Male deer with large branching antlers are more likely to mate.
B) A blue lizard washes away from a population of mostly green lizards during a hurricane and ends up on an island containing no other lizards to mate with.
C) One population of frogs mates in the deep water of a pond and another population of frogs mates on the shore of the same pond.
D) One individual from a population of fruit flies from an apple orchard is blown by heavy winds into another orchard where it mates with a different population of fruit flies.
- science-VERY URGENT - Justin, Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 9:56pm
Yeah hummingbirds is the answer
- science-VERY URGENT - jon, Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 9:57pm
Thank you so much, is the other one I just posted answer C? Sorry I'm a little frantic these two were the ones that tricked me up and they are due very soon.
- science-VERY URGENT - Justin, Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 10:08pm
I would say C. No promises though. But go with c
- science-VERY URGENT - jon, Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 10:15pm
thank you so much it was C i got 100 on it :) now i am not stressed about it thank you!!!
- science-VERY URGENT - Justin, Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 10:15pm
No, don't pick b because it's an isolating situation.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- statistics - I visited a beautiful flower garden yesterday and counted exactly ...
- Biology - In snapdragon plants, neither one of the petal colors is dominant to ...
- Science Urgent - i know i post this question before but i really need help on ...
- enlgish - not a question, just want you to check my revision of a draft with an ...
- Economics - Hi, would anyone please help me with this question for economics. It...
- To ANY SCIENCE HELPER URGENT - 1. Describe 2 methods of viral infection 2. How ...
- bio check my answers pretty please? - If purple flower color is dominant and red...
- biology - What is the outer edge of a cheek cell called? please urgent homework ...
- Math - I need help with these three math question. 1st question. What is the ...
- math - sharon completed her reading homework in 2/3 hour.she completed her ...