Posted by JK on Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 7:51pm.
Vinegar (by Roger McGough)
i feel like a priest
in a fish and chips queue
as the vinegar runs through
how nice it would be
to buy supper for two
Poem for Roger McGough (by Adrian Henri)
A nun in a supermarket
standing in the queue
Wondering what it’s like
To buy groceries for two.
1. What is the effect of letting a priest be the main character of this poem?
2. Message: what does Roger McGough want to express in his poem?
3. In what way can this poem be seen as a comment to Roger McGough’s poem?
4. What is the message of this poem?
5. Which of the two poems do you think is better and why?
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 7:52pm
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- english - Vinegar (by Roger McGough) Poem for Roger McGough (by Adrian Henri) ...
- Vinegar - What does vinegar feel like? And does it make a sound when it's poured...
- Chemistry - Vinegar is a dilute solution of acetic acid. In the titration of 5....
- chem-acid-base titrations - Acetic acid (HC2H3O2) is an important component of ...
- Math - 47. For science class, Kyle needs to make a dilute solution of 12 ounces ...
- Science(I guess) - Could you help me find some websites that can tell me what ...
- Chemistry - 1. Commercial vinegar is a solution of acetic acid in water. How ...
- Chem 151 - Would my calculated molarity of HOAc in vinegar be too high, low, or ...
- chemistry - The concentration of vinegar was obtained by titration. 20 ml of ...
- science - A cylindrical bottle of oil-and-vinegar salad dressing whose volume is...