Posted by JK on Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 7:51pm.
Vinegar (by Roger McGough)
i feel like a priest
in a fish and chips queue
as the vinegar runs through
how nice it would be
to buy supper for two
Poem for Roger McGough (by Adrian Henri)
A nun in a supermarket
standing in the queue
Wondering what it’s like
To buy groceries for two.
1. What is the effect of letting a priest be the main character of this poem?
2. Message: what does Roger McGough want to express in his poem?
3. In what way can this poem be seen as a comment to Roger McGough’s poem?
4. What is the message of this poem?
5. Which of the two poems do you think is better and why?
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 7:52pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - Vinegar (by Roger McGough) Poem for Roger McGough (by Adrian Henri) ...
- english - hi, does anyone have any information on the poem "the railings' by ...
- Vinegar - What does vinegar feel like? And does it make a sound when it's poured...
- Chemistry - Vinegar is a dilute solution of acetic acid. In the titration of 5....
- Chemistry - A particular vinegar contains 4.0% CH3COOH by mass. It reacts with ...
- hysical edu - Roger is a single father of two young daughters and has been ...
- earth science - hi im supposed to create a children’s story about Roger the Rock...
- Chemistry - In a crazy scenario, the Oylan Vinegar Company has 10,000 gallons ...
- chem-acid-base titrations - Acetic acid (HC2H3O2) is an important component of ...
- English - Choose the sentence that is written in active voice. A. A serious ...