Posted by Rebecca on Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 6:47pm.
So I was told by my teacher that one of the essays on my us history final will have something to do with foreign policy's. but I really do not know the foreign policys that the us had besides like the open door policy.
so we have studied from the 1600's-1930's right at the end of the great depression. does anyone know the major foreign policys during that time framme and what president instituted them??
- us history - Ms. Sue, Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 6:57pm
- us history - Damon, Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 7:01pm
Rebecca, we certainly had no foreign policy before we had a country.
Other than that I do not know where to start.
In the period between the Constitution and 1930 we had a bunch of foreign wars. I suppose they count as major milestones in foreign policy.
War of 1812
Civil war had lots of foreign policy implications
Spanish American War
World War One
Meanwhile every single president had a Secretary of State who was doing something. I can not imagine how to help you. Perhaps Google "American Foreign Policy history" and see if someone has summarized into phases or something.
- us history - Rebecca, Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 8:03pm
would the alien sedation act be a foreign policy?
- us history - Rebecca, Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 8:05pm
and the monroe doctrine?
- us history - Ms. Sue, Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 8:11pm
I wouldn't classify the Alien and Sedition Act as part of foreign policy. It was a domestic policy.
The Monroe Doctrine was a foreign policy.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 12th grade american governmet - Research Ronald Reagan especially with regards ...
- History - Compare and contrast the ideas and policies, domestic and foreign, of ...
- Us History - Task: Identify two events (Monroe Doctrine & Open Door Policy) in U...
- government - Why is the president more successful in foreign policy? This ...
- US History - I need to write an essay on this, so can I please get some links to...
- American Goverment - A foreign policy president tends to be stronger than a ...
- AP U.S. History Foreign Policy - What were the essential principles of the ...
- Civics - 1. A basic position in American foreign policy has been that America ...
- Civics - 1. A basic position in American foreign policy has been that America...
- CIVICS - A basic position in American foreign policy has been that America must ...