Posted by heeeeeeeeeelpppp!!! on Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 12:06pm.
A 2.7 ◊ 10
kg elevator carries a maximum
load of 888.9 kg. A constant frictional force
of 2.1 ◊ 10
N retards the elevatorís motion
The acceleration of gravity is 9.81 m/s
What minimum power must the motor deliver to lift the fully loaded elevator at a constant speed 2.10 m/s?
Answer in units of k
- physics - Henry, Monday, December 12, 2011 at 4:26pm
m = m1 + m2 = 2700 + 888.9 = 3589 kg. =
F = mg = 3589 * 9.81 = 35,208 N.
Fn = Fap - F - Fr = 0, a = 0.
Fap - 35208 - 2100 = 0,
Fap = 37,208 N. = Force applied by motor.
Power = F * V = 37,208 * 2 m/s = 74,416
Joules/s = 74,416 Watts. = 74.416 Kilowatts.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - A 2.6x10^3 kg elevator carries a maximum load of 888.1 kg. A constant ...
- Physics - A 1000kg elevator carries a maximum load of 800kg. A constant ...
- Physics - A 1.0 x 10^3 kg elevator carries a maximum load of 800.0 kg. A ...
- Physics help, pl0x - A 1.0 times 10^3 kg elevator carries a maximum load of 800....
- Physics - A 1.0 e 3 kg elevator carries a maximum load of 800.0 kg. A constant ...
- physics - An elevator is being lifted up an elevator shaft at a constant speed ...
- Physics Help.. - The cable of an elevator of mass M = 1900 kg snaps when the ...
- physics - The cable of an elevator of mass = 5320 kg snaps when the elevator is ...
- Physics - While in an elevator, you decide to take some weight readings of ...
- Physics - The cable of an elevator of mass M = 1020 kg snaps when the elevator ...