Posted by LI on Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 6:22am.
$ 2631 is deposited into an account for 15 years. Determine the accumulation if interest is 8.01 % compounded
(a) monthly, (b) daily, (c) continuously.
(Round-off your answers to the nearest cent.)
The accumulation based on
(a) monthly compounding is $ ;
(b) daily compounding is $ ;
(c) continuous compounding is $
- Math - Henry00, Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 8:57pm
Pt = Po(1+r)^n.
a. r = (8.01%/12) / 100% = 0.006675 =
Monthly % rate expressed as a decimal.
n = 12 comp./yr * 15 yrs. = 180 comp.
Pt = 2631(1.006675)^180 = $8713.48.
b. Pt = Po(1+r)^n.
r = (8.01%/360) / 100% = 0.0002225 =
daily % rate expresed as a decimal.
n = 360 comp./yr * 15 yrs. = 5400 comp.
Plug the calculated values of r and n
into the given EQ and solve.
c. Pt = Po*e^rt.
r = 8.01% / 100% = 0.0801 = Annual % rate expressed as a decimal.
rt = 0.0801/yr * 15yrs. = 1.2015.
Pt = 2631*e^1.2015 = $8748.34.
- Math - Henry, Sunday, December 11, 2011 at 9:01pm
First name: Henry. not Henry00.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math115 - Steve was charged $75.00 interest for 1 month on a $3,000 credit card ...
- Interest - You deposit $4000 in an account earning 5% interest compounded ...
- college pre-calculus - An investment of $4000 is deposited into an account in ...
- Math - Please check my work, thank you If $7,800 is deposited into an account ...
- alg. Compounding periods. - a loan requires that the 4% interest be compounded ...
- Compound math - (Future Value) Suppose you invest $8000 into an account that ...
- Calculus help - assume that the initial deposit is $20000 and the nominal annual...
- Math - You deposit $10,000 in an account earning 5% interest, compounded semi-...
- math - Suppose that you have $12,500 to invest over a 4 year period. There are ...
- Algebra ASAP - Suppose that $17,000 is invested in a savings account paying 5.1...