Posted by Jill on Friday, December 9, 2011 at 11:21am.
Convert to degrees: (5pi/8)
How would I do this?
- Math - Reiny, Friday, December 9, 2011 at 11:29am
π radians = 180°
1 radian = 180/π °
5π/8 radians = (180/π)(5π/8)° = 112.5°
Qick way: think of the π as 180°
so 180 * 5/8 = 112.5
- Math - Jill, Friday, December 9, 2011 at 11:34am
If I was converting radians to degrees would it be degrees x pi/180?
Convert to radians: 180 degrees.
So would the answer be 144pi/180?
Which is 2.513?
- Math - Reiny, Friday, December 9, 2011 at 11:44am
no, 180° is π radians, memorize that.
so for any degree conversion to radians
multiply by π/180
= 60(π/180) radians = π/3 radians
to convert x radians to degrees --- > x (180/π)
to convert y degrees to radians ----> y (π/180)
e.g. π/6 radians = π/6(180/π) ° = 30°
45° = 45 (π/180) radians = π/4 radians
If you take the formula which I gave you above and told you to memorize
π radians = 180°
divide by π ----> 1 radian = 180/Ø degrees
if I divide by 180 ----> 1° = (π/180) radians
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- precalculus - Is this right? Convert the polar coordinate (-14, 5pi/3) to ...
- Math - Solve (sinx-1)(cosx -1/2) = 0 where 0≤x<2pi a) pi/3, pi/2, 5pi/3...
- Calculus - Find the area in the first quadrant bounded by the arc of the circle ...
- math - is 3.5 rad the same thing as 7pi/2?? does rad represent pi? if so how ...
- Trig functions - 1)Write the equation sin y= x in the form of an inverse ...
- trig - using the fact that 5pi/8=1/2(5pi/8) and the half angle identity for cos ...
- MATH - 2tan^2x-tanx-1=0 0<x<2pi •MATH - Steve, Thursday, July 18, 2013 at ...
- MATH - WHAT IS 5pi/16 IN DEGREES?
- Math - Which angles are coterminal with pi/6? Chose all answers that are correct...
- pre cal - convert the point to rectangular coordinates (5,5pi/6)