Posted by Julia on Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 9:24pm.
A projectile is launched from a platform 10 meters above ground with an initial upward velocity of 20 meters per second.
Find the time when the projectile has returned to the initial height launch, find the time the projectile hits the ground, find the time when the projectile hits the ground when its velocity is 0, find the height of the projectile above ground after 1 second
- Algebra II - Damon, Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 9:42pm
g = -9.8 m/s^2
v = +20 - 9.8 t
y = 10 + 20 t -4.9 t^2
a) when is y = 10 again?
10 = 10 + 20 t -4.9 t^2
t(4.9 t-20) = 0
t = 20/4.9 = 4.08 seconds
b) when is y = 0 ?
4.9 t^2 - 20 t - 10 = 0
t = [20 +/- sqrt (400+196)] / 9.8
forget negative time, that was before we started, use + sign
t = 4.53 seconds
c) velocity is 0 at the op when
0 = 20 -9.8 t
t = 2.04 seconds
d) y = 10 + 20 (1) -4.9 (1)^2
= 25.1 meters
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - a projectile is fired from the top of a building with an initial ...
- PHYSICS - A Projectile IS FIRED FROM THE TOP OF A BUILDING WITH AN INITIAL ...
- intermediate algebra - A projectile is launched directly upward from the top of ...
- college algebra - The height of a projectile fired upward is given by the ...
- College Algebra - A projectile is thrown upward with an initial velocity of 272 ...
- Physics- i need to know how to do these problems - Two projectiles are launched ...
- math - If a projectile is launched from a platform 30 feet high with an initial ...
- Math000 - The height (in meters) of a projectile shot vertically upward from a ...
- Physics - A projectile is launched at an angle of 34.0o above the horizontal. ...
- math-algebra - A launched rocket has an altitude, in meters, given by the ...