Posted by Julia on Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 9:24pm.
A projectile is launched from a platform 10 meters above ground with an initial upward velocity of 20 meters per second.
Find the time when the projectile has returned to the initial height launch, find the time the projectile hits the ground, find the time when the projectile hits the ground when its velocity is 0, find the height of the projectile above ground after 1 second
- Algebra II - Damon, Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 9:42pm
g = -9.8 m/s^2
v = +20 - 9.8 t
y = 10 + 20 t -4.9 t^2
a) when is y = 10 again?
10 = 10 + 20 t -4.9 t^2
t(4.9 t-20) = 0
t = 20/4.9 = 4.08 seconds
b) when is y = 0 ?
4.9 t^2 - 20 t - 10 = 0
t = [20 +/- sqrt (400+196)] / 9.8
forget negative time, that was before we started, use + sign
t = 4.53 seconds
c) velocity is 0 at the op when
0 = 20 -9.8 t
t = 2.04 seconds
d) y = 10 + 20 (1) -4.9 (1)^2
= 25.1 meters
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra - The height, in meters, of a projectile can be modeled by h= -4.9t^2 + ...
- Algebra - The function H(t) = -16t2 + vt + s shows the height H (t), in feet, of...
- physics - a projectile is fired from the top of a building with an initial ...
- PHYSICS - A Projectile IS FIRED FROM THE TOP OF A BUILDING WITH AN INITIAL ...
- intermediate algebra - A projectile is launched directly upward from the top of ...
- college algebra - The height of a projectile fired upward is given by the ...
- algebra - The height in feet of a projectile with an initial velocity of 32 feet...
- math-algebra - A launched rocket has an altitude, in meters, given by the ...
- Algebra~Scary problem! - A launched rocket has an altitude, in meters, given by ...
- math - The height of a projectile fired upward is given by the formula s = v0t...