posted by Jaycee on .
Is this all correct where the commas are and am I using the right words?
1. Yes, Robin raced after a fly ball.
2. Cindy always worries about hitting the ball.
3. Alexis, Cindy, and Robin score runs every day.
4. Mark guesses we will win the tournament.
5. The race begins next week.
6. Wayne, Billy, and Travis plans to attend.
7. No, Charlene can't go.
8. She slipped on the stairs and broke her ankle.
9.She hopes she can go next time.
Everything is correct, except the verb in # 6.
planned to attend?
It should be
plan to attend
The subject is plural, so the verb also must be plural.
Thanks. Can you help me with these and see if they're correct?
10.Yesterday, the softball team arrived at the tournament.
11. Everyone carries her own glove, ball, and bat.
12. Well, the tournament begins right now.
13. Friends, parents, and grandparents fill the seats.
14. The team rushed onto the field.
15. Alexis pitched a fast ball.
All correct! Great!