Posted by jim on Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 5:12pm.
EAch of 3 circles touch the other 2.
Circle A=radius 8cm
Circle B=radius 4cm
Circle c=radius 1cm
A triangle is formed by connecting the centers of the 3 traingles. Determine the largest angle for the traingle and which circle is the largest angle?
Also what is the area?
Please help really stumped!=[
pre calc - Reiny, Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 5:48pm
Wouldn't the triangle have sides of 12, 9, and 5 ?
So you given 3 sides,
Use the cosine law I just showed you in your previous post.
For the area use Heron's law
A = √(s(s-a)s-b)(s-c), were a,b, c are the sides and
s = (1/2)perimeter.
s = (12+9+5)/2 = 13
s-a = 13-12 = 1
s-b = 13-8 = 5
s-c = 13-5 = 8
area = √(13x1x5x8) = √520 = appr. 22.8 cm^2
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- pre calc - each of three circles touches the other 2.circle A has a radius of 8 ...
- Pre-Calc (Circles). Please help :( - Five concentric circles with radii 1, 2, 3...
- GEOMETRY(CIRCLE) - Three circles with different radii have their centers on a ...
- Pre-Calc - Describe the conditions necessary for the two circles, where circle a...
- Pre-Calc (Circles) - Describe the conditions necessary, where circle A has a ...
- Geometry - A dartboard consists of five concentric circles. The radius of the ...
- maths - there are two circles touching each other at one point. The radius of ...
- GEOMETRY CIRCLES PLEASE - 1.An isosceles triangle with each leg measuring 13 cm ...
- Math - Circle C has radius 4 inches. Circle D had radius 9 inches. These two ...
- GEOMETRY CIRCLE - 1.An isosceles triangle with each leg measuring 13 cm is ...