Posted by Da S on Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 7:55am.
Chris read 312 pages of a book at first.he read the remaining pages in 20 days,w/ de same number of pages each day.during these 20 days,he read one-twelveth(1over12) of de book in 6days.how many pages of de book did he read in de 6days? Help me..
math word problem(fraction) - Reiny, Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 9:38am
English Please !
I will attempt to translate your question into correct and proper English.
Chris read 312 pages of a book at first. He read the remaining pages in 20 days, with the same number of pages each day. During these 20 days,he read one-twelveth(1over12) of the book in 6days. How many pages of the book did he read in those 6 days? Help me..
Let the total number of pages be x + 312.
So the number of pages left to be read in the 20 days is x
number of pages read per day = x/20
In 6 days he read (1/12) of the book
6(x/20) = (1/12)(x+312)
72x = 20x + 6240
52x = 6240
x = 120
so each of the 20 days he read 120/20 or 6 pages.
so in 6 days he read 36 pages
total number of pages = 312+x = 432
he read 312 , leaving 120 pages to read in 20 days.
daily number of pages = 120/20 = 6 pages
so in 6 days he reads 36 pages
Is 36 equal to (1/2)(432) ? YES!
All is good.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math,(fraction) - during school holidays, Chris read 312 pages of a book at ...
- math - Peter is reading a 103 page book. He has read three pages more than one ...
- Math Fractions - Warren read 1/6 of the pages of a book last Monday. Tuesday he ...
- math - Kenny`s book has 141 pages. He wants to read the same number of pages ...
- Algebra - Peter is reading a 193-book. He has three pages more than one fourth ...
- math - jimm read 42 pages of a book each day for 5 days on the next 3days he ...
- Math - Ms Lin has 6 hrs to finish a 400 page book. She has already read 150 ...
- Algebra - Scholmo reads 7 pages of his book on the first day and his rate of ...
- Math - Ty is reading a book that is 456 pages. In the last 11 days, he has read ...
- Math - Angie read 2 books in 5 days, and each book contained 340 pages. If Angie...