Posted by Dana on Wednesday, December 7, 2011 at 9:15pm.
Can someone please read this and check if my grammar is correct? Also, is there a protagonist or antagonist in the story? Thanks in advance!
The waters were calm today so when I heard a splash as loud as a tarpon, I
knew it wasn’t pelican. I sped toward the sound just in time see a red haired man doing the unimaginable. A crippled, screeching, dolphin was in the water and standing over it, in his boat was Andy Martin.
“It ain't my fault, Will.” he claimed,
“Then whose?” I said, breathless at the sight before me.
“Its been caught in these traps long before I got here.” he said,
“But they are your traps right?”
“Come on,” I dug under some towels on my boat until I found a rope then threw it at Andy, he already knew what to do. I buried my face in my hands, I hated to do this but Andy was my little brother and the Bottlenose Dolphin is an endangered species so he would surely be put in jail for the death of one.
When I looked up, one end of the rope was tied to the dolphins tale, and the other end to Andy’s boat. He was waiting for me to lead so I turned toward the wheel and started off towards the abandoned channels where we hid the body of the dolphin in the mangroves.
7th grade English - SraJMcGin, Thursday, December 8, 2011 at 2:36am
"it wasn’t pelican." = I knew it wasn't A pelican.
"just in time see" kist om to,e TP see
"“Its been caught" It's (contraction for "It has"
"threw it at Andy, he already knew" = run-on sentence that you can fix by making the comma a semicolon
"the dolphins tale," = difference between "tale" (story) and "tail" = opposite the nose!
protagonist = The leading character or a major character in a drama, movie, novel, or other fictional text.
antagonist = A person who actively opposes or is hostile to someone or something; an adversary.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - Who is the Antagonist in Amy Tan's "A Pair of Tickets"? I know the ...
- English - Is there always both an antagonist and protagonist in a story or can ...
- english - Fill in each of the boxes below with information about your short ...
- reading - if you read this story " a tale of two cities" who is the protagonist ...
- English - Thank you very much for your corrections. Here are some more sentences...
- English - Identify the main conflict from "the fall from the house of usher " ...
- English - Thank you!! Could you check the things I wrote on the different kinds ...
- english - Most of the time, the ____ struggles against the main character in a ...
- english - i read story today it be called " A few notes for orpheus" anyone read...
- english - i read the story the painted door today anyone by chance read this ...