Posted by marko on Wednesday, December 7, 2011 at 7:27pm.
i need to underline the preposition in each sentence and draw an arrow pointing to its object
1) Valentines Day is in February.
prep - in pointed to Februaray
2) Ihave new puppy at home.
prep = at pointed to home
3) There are 2 pairs of shoes under the bed. prep under pointed to bed
4) My sister lives in Ohio.
prep in pointed to Ohio
5) The store opens at ten o'clock.
prep: at pointed to clock
6) The cow jumped over the moon.
prep: over pointed to moon
7) The children dove into the pool.
prep: into pointed to pool
8) I put the leaf between the pages of abook.
prep: between pointed to pages
9) Beautiful flowers were growing in the garden.
prep in pointed to : garden
10 We were siting near the stage.
prep: near pointed to stage.
are these right?
preposition questions - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, December 7, 2011 at 7:33pm
3, 8. Right, but these sentences have two prepositional phrases.
The rest are correct.
preposition questions - marko, Wednesday, December 7, 2011 at 7:36pm
3) would it be prep of
pointed to shoes
8) prep of pointed to book
preposition questions - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, December 7, 2011 at 7:43pm
Right! Good job!!
preposition questions - Tracy, Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 8:30pm
I love this. I am very bad at appositives and prepositions.i get those two mixed up. I think this is an awesome website for people like me who need help!😄😃
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 6th grade grammar - I'm getting confused on finding prepositional phrases. Can ...
- English - Be sure to bring your skates in before the rain starts. 2.The boy ...
- language arts - I have another question on object of the preposition. In the ...
- Grammar Answer Check - Underline the gerund in each setences (). Then, on the ...
- English - The plane came down later than expected. 15. In this sentence, what ...
- Grammar (Ms. Sue) - Complete each sentence below, using an objective pronoun. ...
- English - A prepositional phrases include A. A preposition as about or above. B....
- English grammar - (with words that indicate portions) If the object of the ...
- English - What is the prepositional phrase in the following sentence and what is...
- english - Can someone check my work? I am a little confused with adverbs and ...