Posted by Bryan on Monday, December 5, 2011 at 11:36pm.
Almost everyone at the Bright Corporation reads a daily newspaper on a regular basis. In fact, altogether te company employs 2,940 people,of whom70% read The Daily News,45% read The Courier and 60% read The inquirer.
One fourth of the employees reads The Daily News and The Courier, and 30% read The Inquirer and The Courier, and 35% read The Daily News and The Inquirer. One tenth of the people read all three newspapers on a regular basis.
a. how many people read only The Daily news?
b. How many people read only The Courier?
c. How many people read on The Inquirer?
d. How many people don't read any newspaper?
- math - Steve, Tuesday, December 6, 2011 at 1:11pm
Draw your 3-circle Venn diagram. Label the circles D,C,I
DCI = .1
DC only = .15 (.25-.10)
CI only = .20 (.30-.10)
DI only = .25 (.35-.10)
D only = .20 (.70 - .15 - .10 - .25)
C only = .00 (.45 - .15 - .10 - .20)
I only = .05 (.60 - .25 - .10 - .20)
Add up all the percentages and it is clear that only 90% of the employees read any papers.
That makes .9*2940 = 2646 readers.
a. D only = .2*2940 = 588
b. C only = 0
c. I only = .05*2940 = 147
d. None = .10*2940 = 294
- math - Bryan, Wednesday, December 7, 2011 at 12:40am
95% of the employees read any newspaper, therefore 5% don't read and newspaper. D should be 147
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 7th grade - Almost everyone at the Bright Corporation reads a daily newspaper on...
- Statistics - *Give all probabilities to two decimal places. Three daily ...
- english - Hello I was wondering if you could correct my homework. Thanks. ...
- statistics - Suppose that we want to test the claim that the majority (> 50...
- probability - A survey asks people about their reading habits with respect to ...
- math - Only 40% of people between the ages of 18 and 24 read a daily newspaper. ...
- Statistics - A survey of top executives revealed that 37% of them regularly ...
- Statistics - A survey of top executives revealed that 37% of them regularly read...
- math - only 40% of people between the ages of 18 and 24 read the newspaper. what...
- English - How ofen do you read the newspaper? I read it every day. (Does the ...