Posted by MV on Monday, December 5, 2011 at 10:48pm.
Use properties of logartithms to simplify and solve. Thanks.
- Algebra2 - MV, Monday, December 5, 2011 at 11:00pm
I believe it may be x=2,x=13
- Algebra2 - Reiny, Monday, December 5, 2011 at 11:21pm
Did you test your answers?
Obviously x= 2 cannot be right since it would make
the second term undefined,
ln(22-23) = ln(-1), which is undefined
using the rules of logs, we get
ln[(x-3)(x-1)/(11x - 23) ] = 0
(x-3)(x-1)/(11x - 23) = e^0 = 1
x^2 - 4x + 3 = 11x - 23
x^2 - 15x+ 26 = 0
(x-2)(x-13) = 0
so x=2 or x=13
check for x=13
LS = ln10 - ln120 + ln12
= ln(10(12)/120) = ln 1 = 0 = RS
x = 13
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 1b! - 1. Find the excluded value of x for the polynomomial expression ...
- Pre-Algebra - Use properties of equality to simplify each of the following ...
- Math-help!!! - Elly writes the following expression on the blackboard. (13+24)+0...
- College Algebra - I have a few more questions that I'm not understanding. Its ...
- algebra2 - Solve this formula for m. simplify your answer. S=H/m(a-b)
- math polynomials - Simplify 4q^2-5q-1+8q^2+8q-9 A. -4q^2+3q+8 B. 12q^2+3q-10 C...
- Algebra/Distributive Properties - Solve these fraction equations: 2/3 - 8/9 = c/...
- Math - Simplify 3(x - 4) + 8(x + 2). A)11x - 4 B)11x + 4 C)11x - 2
- Calculus - I've done everything I can think of to solve this, but I have no idea...
- math - I solved this problem 12x-6=11x -6+6=0 11x+6 12x=11x+6 12x-11x=x 11x-11x=...