Posted by logan on Monday, December 5, 2011 at 10:40pm.
Given the function f(x)= x^3+8/x^2+-6, determine the eqaution of the asymptotes and state the end behaviours of the graph near the asymptotes.
grade 12 math - Reiny, Monday, December 5, 2011 at 11:13pm
check you typing.
did you mean
f(x) = (x^3 + 8)/(x^2 - 6)
or is it the way you typed it?
What is with the +-6 ?
grade 12 math - logan, Monday, December 5, 2011 at 11:38pm
it is f(x)=x^3+8/x^2+x-6
grade 12 math - Anonymous, Tuesday, December 6, 2011 at 10:34am
assuming you really do mean
(x^3 + 8)/(x^2 + x - 6)
= (x+2)(x^2 - 2x + 4) / (x+3)(x-2)
It crosses the x-axis at x = -2
there are vertical asymptotes where the denominator is zero:
x = -3 or x=2
as x gets large, y -> x^3/x^2 = x
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - Given the function f(x)=x^3-2x^2-5x+6/x^2+3x+2 a) Determine algebraically...
- Alegebra2 - 1. Given f(x)=3^(x-2), simplify f(x+1)-f(x) into an expression of ...
- trig - I need to state the period and 2 consecutive asymptotes on the graph for ...
- TRIG - I need to state the period and 2 consecutive asymptotes on the graph for ...
- Math - Domain and Asymptotes - Given the following rational function: f(x) = (x^...
- College Algebra - Using the 7 steps outlined in section 4.3 of your book, ...
- Pre-Cal - use a graphing calculator to obtain the graph of the function. What ...
- College Algebra HELP - Use the seven step method described in the book to graph ...
- Math - asymptotes - Identify all asymptotes. 1. y= 1 / 2-√x^2 - 3x the ...
- Pre-Cal - State the transformations. Identify holes, vertical asymptotes, and ...