Posted by -Untamed- on Monday, December 5, 2011 at 5:27pm.
x^3 + 8x^2 = 20x
How do I find the root of ^ that equation?
2x^2-10x+12 = 0
^ I found that one by...
x-3 = 0
x = 3
x-2 = 0
^ Is that the correct way to solve for that one?
- Math - MathMate, Monday, December 5, 2011 at 6:17pm
Your solution to the second equation is correct, and the procedure also.
For the first equation, think of it as:
x^3 + 8x^2 = 20x
x^3 + 8x^2 - 20x = 0
x(x^2 + 8x - 20) = 0
then x=0 is a solution, and you can get two more solutions from the part in parentheses in a similar way to the second equation.
- Math - -Untamed-, Monday, December 5, 2011 at 6:26pm
Thanks so much MathMate =)
- Math - MathMate, Monday, December 5, 2011 at 6:56pm
You're welcome, and keep up the good work!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - x^3 + 8x^2 = 20x How do I find the root of ^ that equation? 2x^2-10x+12...
- Math - solve the equation 20x^3 +44x^2 -17x -5 given that -5/2 is a zero of f(x...
- math,factoring,help - Can someone please show me step by step how to do these. I...
- math - Find the product. (2x)(10x) A.20x B.12x C.20x^2 D.-5x Is the answer A?? ...
- algebra - Find the product (2x)(10x) Answers: 20x 12x 20x^2 5x
- Math - Find the equation of the tangent line 5x^2+y^2=14 at (1,3). P.S: It's ...
- maths - x^2 - 20x +c =0 one of the root of the equation is the three times the ...
- Algebra - equations and inequalities unit test for questions 1-5, solve the ...
- math - 1. (2x)(10x) a. 20x b.12x c.20x^2 d.5x** 2. -3m(m+8) a. -3m^2+24 b. -3m^2...
- Math Help! - 1. Find the product. (2x)(10x) 20x 12x 20x^2 5x 2. -3m(m + 8) -3m^...