Posted by Morgan on Monday, December 5, 2011 at 5:07pm.
Problem: 14 divided by a number is 21. What is the number?
my teacher says the answer is 2/3 but I don't get that answer.
I set it up:
Then tried solving as:
(n/14)(14/n) = 21/14
My answer = 1 1/2
What am I doing wrong? Thank you
- Middle school algebra - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 5, 2011 at 5:16pm
14/x = 21
Multiply both sides by x.
14 = 21x
14/21 = x
2/3 = x
Let's see the proof:
14/(2/3) = 21
14 * (3/2) = 21
42/2 - 21
Yep! 2/3 is correct.
- Middle school algebra - Anonymous, Friday, January 20, 2012 at 1:06am
Cnsecutive why is writwn by C why is not writen by k Plz give ms answer total hindi
Answer this Question
- Math - Actually, i made a mistake. All though we still came up with the right ...
- Algebra HELP! - A teacher instructed her class to take any number and perform a ...
- Math for the middle school and elementary teacher - what number am I? I am a 3-...
- algebra - Please check A number m decreases by 4 m-4 A number d divided by k,...
- math for the middle school and elementary teacher - Which one of the following ...
- math - Q. five times the sum of 3 and some number is 70. What is the number? I ...
- Math - The school band is comprised of middle school students and high school ...
- math - the sum of a number and 3 times that number is 76. what is that number? ...
- Math Middle School - Please help. I do not have any idea about how to get ...
- Algebra - Please help!!! I have a worksheet of problems to do for homework, most...