posted by Henry2 on .
I still have a few doubts on some sentences. Thank you very much.
1) Thanks to the development (introduction) of steam engine, the manufacture of cloth became cheaper (or to manufacture cloth became cheaper).
2) The poet personifies the elements of nature.
3) As for the ice, it is described as high as the mast and as green as emerald.
It is presented as a dangerous creature making animal sounds.
4) Very important is also that the poet sees all through the eyes of memory.
(better: the poet recollects past emotions through the eyes of memory??)
5) The flowers are described dynamically rather statically as in a painting.
6) The Luddites, led by Ned Ludd, were formed and started to destroy machinery.
The Industrial Revolution brought about a high concentration of indutries in the North and in the Midlands.
1) Thanks to the development of the steam engine, it became cheaper to manufacture cloth.
4) It is also very important that the poet sees all through his memories.
5) The flowers are described as in motion rather being still as in a painting.
6) After the Luddites, led by Ned Ludd, were formed, they started to destroy machinery.