Posted by JERSEYGIRL on Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 8:49pm.
x x - 20 This is a three part question>> first find the lcd method of solving this equations, and the second ones about cross-multiplying method to solve this equations ,The next question asked would the cross- multiplying method work for all rational equations?? Explain.
Algebra - Reiny, Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 9:02pm
I am guessing you are trying to type the equation
40/x = 15/(x-20)
The LCD is x(x-20_
40/x (x(x-20)) = 15/(x-20) (x(x-20))
40(x-20) = 15x
40x - 800 = 15x
25x = 800
x = 32
cross-multplying gets you directly to
40(x-20) = 15x
Cross-multiplying only works if your equation contains a single term on the left and a single term on the right,
you have to add/subract the terms first if you have more than one.
In that case I simply multiply each term by the LCD, to get rid of my fractions.
Algebra - JERSEYGIRL, Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 9:42pm
(1)40 =15 (2) x - 20 (2 DIFFERENT EQUATIONS)????? help please!!!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math,algebra II - I need someone to explain to me step by step the process of ...
- Algebra - I am trying to solve the sytems of equations using the elimination ...
- Algebra - Solving system of linear equations by using the apropiate method name ...
- algebra - 1 Solve the set of linear equations by the matrix method : a+3b+2c=3...
- Business Algebra - Produce an example of a system of equations to your fellow ...
- Algebra 2345678!! - Solve the system of equations using the Addition method. 2a...
- algebra - Explain the difference between solving a system of equations by the ...
- Math - Solve the following system of equations using the cross multiplication ...
- algebra - How would you explain to a 6th grader the difference between solving a...
- Substitution Method - Use the Substitution method to solve the system of ...