posted by Henry2 on .
Could you please check these sentences? Thank you.
1) Humanism spread in the whole country.
2) The English Renaissance developed (spread is possible?) later than its European equivalents.
3)Puritans wanted a balance of power between the king and (the?) Parliament.
4) Charles I's reign was troubled by (the?) clash with the Parliament.
5) They had short hair/they wore their hair short/they wore short hair/they cut their hair short. (which are not possible?)
6)Sleep gives us the greatest energy for life. Without sleep we will die.
2. "developed" is the correct term here.
3. ... the king and Parliament.
4. include "the"
5. I wouldn't use "they wore short hair" - the others are fine.
5. comma needed