Posted by Melinda on Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 2:12pm.
Someone verify if this is correct, please!
1. Draw a distance versus time graph that corresponds to the walk described below.
Adam starts 8 m away from the motion sensor and walks in a straight line toward the sensor at a constant rate of 0.5 m/s for 3 s. He immediately begins walking away from the sensor at a constant rate of 0.25 m/s for 4s. He stops for 1s and then walks toward the sensor at a constant rate of 0.5 m/s for 2 s.
Image is here imgur dot com/aKwAy
During what interval of time was the greatest distance travelled?
d) cannot be determined
I don't which one is correct, 0<t<5 or 5<t<7
here is the image:
imgur dot com/vOojV
- Math - MathMate, Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 2:32pm
For (1), the x-coordinates are plotted correctly. You will need to review the y-coordinates, because they do not seem to correspond with the ones given in the question.
The starting point of 8 m is correct.
Walking towards the sensor makes a line with negative slope is correct also.
The rate is 0.5m/sec., so over 3 seconds, he would have been closer by 3*0.5=1.5m.
So at the end of 3 seconds, he would be at a distance of 8-1.5=6.5 m from the sensor.
Proceed this way for the rest of the question and see if you arrive at 6.5 m at the end of the 10 seconds.
(2) You'd need to interpret the graph where the y-axis represents speed given by m/s.
Since distance = speed * time, you can calculate the distance covered in each interval and the interval with the greatest distance travelled is the right answer.
- Math - Melinda, Monday, December 5, 2011 at 12:29am
Got it! THank you~~~~~~~
- Math :) - MathMate, Monday, December 5, 2011 at 3:32pm
Great! You're welcome!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- precalculus - Can someone verify if my answer is right? 1. Which function has a ...
- math - A sensor light can detect motion for a distance of 70ft. with a range of ...
- Math - A sensor light installed on the edge of a home can detect motion for a ...
- Calculus please help! - Suppose you have a set of data points for x and t. Using...
- college physics - An ultrasonic motion sensor sends very short pulses for ...
- physics - A special electronic sensor is embedded in the seat of a car that ...
- Physics - A special electronic sensor is embedded in the seat of a car that ...
- college physics 1 - A special electronic sensor is embedded in the seat of a car...
- physics - Hey can someone help with this. A movie stuntwoman drops from a ...
- Physics - Three dynamics carts have force sensors placed on top of them.(cart 1...