Posted by liz on Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 12:11pm.
if a person is 6 feet tall and casts a 9 foot shadow, how tall would the shadow of a 100 foot tall tree be?
- 8th grade math - Anonymous, Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 12:15pm
6 / 9 = 100 / x Multiply both sides with x
6 x / 9 = 100 Multiply both sides with 9
6 x = 9 * 100
6 x = 900 Divide both sides with 6ž
x = 900 / 6
x = 150 ft
9 / 6 = 1.5
x / 100 = 1.5 Multiply both sides with 100
x = 1.5 * 100
x = 150 ft
- 8th grade math - MathMate, Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 1:52pm
or using proportions and cross multiply:
? = 100*9/6=150
- 8th grade math - amy, Monday, December 10, 2012 at 3:38pm
A tree and a building stand side by side. The 5-foot tall tree casts a shadow of 12 feet. If the building is 80 feet tall, how long is its shadow?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- math - At a given time, the height of an object is directly proportional to the ...
- Math - Matt who stands at 68 inches tall casts an 8 foot shadow at the same time...
- math - A tree casts a shadow that is 20 feet long. A 5-foot-tall boy stands in ...
- Math...I think... - A building casts a shadow 54 feet long at the same time a 6 ...
- geometry - if a 5-foot tall bush casts a 2-foot shadow how tall is a tree ...
- Math - in the woods is a cellular tower that is 72 feet tall and has a 60 foot ...
- math - a man is 68 inches tall and casts an 8 foot shadow. A tree casts a 21 ...
- Geometry - Starla is 5feet 9inches tall. To find the height of a tree,she ...
- math - Math homework help????? please? heres what it says on the paper. Using ...
- algebra - at 5 p.m., a person 5 feet tall casts a 10-foot shadow. at the same ...