Posted by madad on Saturday, December 3, 2011 at 4:27pm.
A photo width of 8cm, length of 14cm .if the perameter of photo is increased by 5o % , which dimension is for new perimeter.
16cm by 28cm
12cm by 21cm
8cm by28 cm
i chose the first option cuz it increased 50.but i ma not sure if i am right.
- Math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, December 3, 2011 at 4:32pm
Present perimeter: 16 + 28 = 44
44 * 1.5 = 66 = new perimeter
The perimeter you chose is 32 + 56 = 88
Check out the other options. Which produces a perimeter of 66 cm?
- Math - hiba, Saturday, December 3, 2011 at 4:44pm
8cm by 28 cm ?
I am confused . Geometery is not my thing .
- Math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, December 3, 2011 at 5:01pm
P = 2L + 2W
P = 2(8) + 2(14)
P = 16 + 28
P = 44
- Math - hiba, Saturday, December 3, 2011 at 5:22pm
it make sense so , just apply the Perameter formula and put the valuse so answers is 44 then 44*1.5 = 66.
But How i have deal with increased 50% deminsion thing .
please can you simplfy this .
- Math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, December 3, 2011 at 5:33pm
Use trial and error.
Using your choices, figure out the perimeter for each set of dimensions.
P = 2L + 2W
Which produces a perimeter of 66?
- Math - hiba, Saturday, December 3, 2011 at 5:45pm
12cm by 21cm = 2*33= 66
- Math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, December 3, 2011 at 5:47pm
Let's check it out.
P = 2(21) + 2 (12)
P = 42 + 24
P = 66
- Math - hiba, Saturday, December 3, 2011 at 6:11pm
- Math - Ms. Sue, Saturday, December 3, 2011 at 6:22pm
Answer this Question
- Math - The area of a rectangle is shown below The area of the rectangle is 56 ...
- math - a 3'' times 5'' photo is enlarged so that the length of the new photo is ...
- Math - A photo width is 2 in. more than it's length. A borderof 1 in is placed ...
- EQUVALENT RATIO - When a photo is reduced or enlarged, its length to width ratio...
- 6th grade - tHE AREA OF A RECTANGLE IS 24CM2 IF THE LENGTH OF THE SIDES ARE ...
- math - An 8 in. by 10 in. photo is reduced by dividing the length and width by 2...
- alegebra - Mr. Baker wants to enlarge a photo that is 5 by 7 inches so that the ...
- Math - A 4in. by 5in. photo is enlarged by multiplying the length and width by 2...
- math - a photo 5 inches wide and 7 inches long is enlarged. The sides of the new...
- geometry - 2. Unit 5 Lesson 12: A photographer enlarges a photo by using a scale...