Posted by Jay on Friday, December 2, 2011 at 3:55pm.
Can someone help me with these questions?
1.What are the maximum and minimum values for Y=28(1.21)^x on the interval 0<x<12?
a) 275.8 and 0
b) 275.8 and 28
c) 249.7 and 28
d) 188.4 and 28
2. For what value of x does the maximum or minimum of f(x)= x^2 +8x + 12 occur? Is the point a maximum or minimum?
a) -2; maximum
b) -6; maximum
c) -4; minimum
d) 4; minimum
3. The monthly revenue for printer ink for a large office supply store is R(x) = -x^2 + 12x + 13, where x is the price of an ink cartidge in dollars and R(x) is in hundreds of dollars. What is the maximum monthly ink revenue?
Thank you~ help needed pls T.T
- Math - Steve, Friday, December 2, 2011 at 4:41pm
since n^0 = 1 for any nonzero n,
28(1.21^x) on 0 < x < 12 goes from
28(1) to 28(9.849) = 28 to 275.77
since the x^2 term has a positive coefficient, the parabola open upward, meaning it has a minimum
This minimum occurs when x = -b/2a = -8/2 = -4
max occurs when x = -b/2a = -12/2 = 6
R(6) = -36 + 72 + 13 = 49
- Math - Jay, Saturday, December 3, 2011 at 12:45am
is it $49 or 4900? you said R(6) = -36 + 72 + 13 = 49
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Calculus (pleas help!!!) - Find the absolute maximum and absolute minimum ...
- Calculus (pleas help!!!) - Find the absolute maximum and absolute minimum values...
- Calculus - Find the absolute maximum and absolute minimum values of the function...
- physics - I'm having trouble with question 2, please help The velocity of an ...
- calculus - there are no examples of this type of problem in my book so if you ...
- math - if a loan is given for 2,500 for 1 year and the interest charged is 275 ...
- Absolute Extrema - Find the minimum and maximum values of the function f(x)= 2/3...
- Math help - 55h + 275 = 440 Do I subtract 55 from 275 ?
- math - Inverse of 275? I think it's -275, but I am not sure.
- chemistry - Estimate the pH of the solution that results when this added to 50 ...