Posted by Anonymous on Friday, December 2, 2011 at 8:22am.
in march, the savings of oliver, asia, hassan, and abby was $1440. in april, their savings became equaly when oliver's savings is doubled, asia's savings is decreased by $30, abby's savings is increased by $46, and hassan remained the same. find the total saving in april.
- math - Reiny, Friday, December 2, 2011 at 10:26am
in March, let their individual savings be
a, b, c, and d ---> a+b+c+d = 1440
total = 2a + b-30 + c + d+46
= a + b + c + d + a + 16
= 1440 + a + 16 = 1456 + a
also: 2a = b-30 = c = d+46
b -30= 2a , ---> b = 2a+30
c = 2a
d+46 = 2a ----> d = 2a-46
so in a+b+c+d=1440
a + 2a+30 + 2a + 2a-46 = 1440
7a = 1456
a = 208
total in April = 1456+a = 1456+208 = 1664
a=208, b=446 , c = 416, d = 370
March: 208+446+416+370 = 1440
April: 416+416+416+416 = 1664
- math - BOB, Friday, March 23, 2012 at 11:32pm
- math - BOB, Friday, March 23, 2012 at 11:39pm
WAZUPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP NMY FRIEND HAHA
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - When Sandy decreased her savings by 75% and Gene increased hers by 40...
- math: ratios - By the end of the year Kieran's savings is 9/2 of Simon's savings...
- Math - 25% of Lings savings is the same amount as 20% of Neil's savings. Find ...
- alegebra / math - How much more money? The ratio of Beatrizís savings to Hannahí...
- math - How much more money? The ratio of Beatrizís savings to Hannahís savings ...
- Math - How much more money? The ratio of Beatrizís savings to Hannahís savings ...
- maths - Please help me.. andrea's savings is 20% more than priscilla's savings. ...
- Math - Mr. Thomas spent 1600.00 of his savings on a TV and 2/5 of the remainder ...
- Math - The two-way table shows the number of fourth and fifth graders who do or...
- Civics - Which best describes how the money that individuals have in savings ...