Posted by Amy on Thursday, December 1, 2011 at 10:02pm.
Could someone explain to me why the word "like" is plural and not singular because I actually thought "like" was singular.
And isn't "the girls" singular?
"the girls like the movie"
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 1, 2011 at 10:06pm
Ahh -- our complicated English language.
Look at these plural verbs:
They sleep at night.
Those girls go to our school.
My children live in different states.
"The girls" is plural. Plural means more than one.
The girls like vampire movies.
The girl likes vampire movies.
- English - Amy, Thursday, December 1, 2011 at 10:13pm
oh okay, thank you
Also, what about "the family" is it plural or singular?
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 1, 2011 at 10:19pm
Family is singular. My family is one unit.
- English - Amy, Thursday, December 1, 2011 at 10:21pm
thank you again!
- English - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 1, 2011 at 10:29pm
You're welcome, again. :-)
Answer this Question
- English - 1. None of the guests (has, have) left. 2. Each of these apples (is, ...
- Latin Practice - Can someone give me some singular to plural and plural to ...
- English - 1.Everyone in the club (has, have) read this book. 2.Most of the field...
- English grammar - ex) There are two pins on the table. In this sentence, is '...
- language atrs - A. singular possessive noun B. plural possessive noun C. ...
- 5th grade English - You should take it with you. Is "you" Singular or plural? At...
- Beginner latin - Can someone please give me five or four basic/beginner ...
- English ASAP Please - Which one of the following sentences demostates correct ...
- English - All of the following common nouns except a.emotion b.leader. c.tablet...
- Grammar - he indefinite pronoun “few” is A) plural B) singular C) singular or ...